Read on... But remember I warned you!!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

My First Blah(g)

After much deliberation and contemplation, I finally join the Blogging Bandwagon. (Do I hear groans and sighs already??). But before going ahead with my decision, I asked a few of my friends the consequences of taking such a step. And some of them had a few interesting things to say:

Conversation 1:
TS: Oh My gaaaawwwd! Really?
Me: Uh....Uhm... Yes...
TS: Oh My god!!! Oh No!!
Me(finally realizing it was an exclamation of despair): Uh well.. everybody is doing so.. So why not me?
TS: You already torture me online so much! Now do you really have to blog too?? So that you can torture the entire world???
Me: We shall see about that. Hey can you suggest a name for my blog?
TS: Hey listen, I've gotta run. Catch ya later! Bye !

And so I decided to consult someone else.

Conversation 2:
Before I narrate my conversation with DG, I must make an important point here. When it comes to me,what DG says and what DG means are two different things. Only a skilled person can understand the fine points of distinction.

DG: Hey that is a nice idea!!
What DG meant: Wow!! Wonderful!Atleast now you shall spend more time blogging and less time annoying me!

Me: Hey Thanks! I was thinking of a suitable name for my blog. How about dontreadmyblog.blogspot.com?

DG: That is a good name. Keep it.
What DG meant: Dear God, I fervently hope that atleast for once, people take Andy seriously and refrain from reading his blog! Amen.

At this point, I must mention that Blogspot has a wierd funda as far as naming of the blogs is concerned. It supposedly has a fixed limit for the size of the name. But stubbornly refuses to proclaim so. We are supposed to figure this out for ourselves.

After spending valuable time trying out names like "dontreadmyblog", "dontreadthisblog" etc., Realization finally dawned upon me. And i went about in quest of a shorter name. Here DG selflessly helped me out. Thus, ye admirers of Andy (:P), I present before you: ignoremyblog.blogspot.com.

My first attempt at blogging - Hope to update this frequently. As it is, I have a cynical and sarcastic view about a lot of things. And this shall be my outlet for speaking out against all the dumb things that happen in the world. Some of what i say might be nothing but "Blah" and the rest might not make any sense to you. In such times of frustration, Remember: I had already warned you.

P.S: As i said before, special thanks to DG for coming up with such a "marvellous and ingenious" name!!

Fellow comrades of yore, Much to your chagrin I have now started to blog!!!

Muhahaha!

Also, quite frequently, i shall be posting a few witty sayings in my column : Words from the Wise. Keep watching out for the same.

Words from the Wise: #1:
Murphy's Law of Technology: To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Disclaimer:

The author takes no responsibility for any parts of the conversation in specific and the post in general that might have been exaggerated or skewed out of proportion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very witty.. PG Wodehouse type mild humour.. can't wait for the rest!

March 18, 2006 9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its nice to see Andy, who is perceived as a quiet person, open up and let us in on his innermost thoughts.

I agree with the prev comment...his humour will not make you fall off the chair, but is subtle and makes you smile.

March 18, 2006 1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home